Date 2011/1/1 15:43:24 | Topic: Family Histories
|Descendants of Henry Bennette|
submitted by: Brenda Dillon
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY1 BENNETTE was born 1815 in Va., and died 1896 in Nicholas Co. WV. He married MARY WRIGHT Abt. 1834. She was born 1817 in Va., and died 1885 in Nicholas Co. WV.
Notes for HENRY BENNETTE: Henry Bennett appears on the 1840 Alleghany Co. Va census but is on the Nicholas Co. WV census by 1850. Family tradition says three brothers came to Nicholas Co. to settle just before the Civil War.
Notes for MARY WRIGHT: Mary died of cancer at age 68 years and is buried at Taylor Cemetery on Fenwick Mountain, Nicholas Co. WVa.
Children of HENRY BENNETTE and MARY WRIGHT are:
i. MARY2 BENNETT, b. 1837; m. DAVID DORSEY; b. 1834.
ii. MARGARET J BENNETT, b. 1839; m. GEORGE WRIGHT, 1865; b. 1847.
2. iii. CHARLES L. BENNETT, b. 1841; d. 1919, Holcomb,WV,Nicholas Co..
iv. SELINA CATHERINE BENNETT, b. 1844; m. JOSEPH MCCLUNG BRYANT, 1866; b. 1842.
v. ABIGAIL L. BENNETT, b. 1845; m. WELLINGTON DORSEY; b. 1847.
3. vi. JACOB H. BENNETT, b. 1845; d. 1925, Nicholas Co. WV.
vii. GEORGE W. BENNETT, b. 1850; m. RACHEL BAILES; b. 1846.
4. viii. JOHN W. BENNETT, b. 1852, Nicholas Co. WV; d. 1926, Nicholas Co. WV.
ix. CYNTHIA BENNETT, b. 1853, Nicholas Co. WV; d. 1922, Nicholas Co. WV; m. HANSON BEARD SPENCER; b. 1852, Greenbrier Co. WV; d. 1927, Nicholas Co. WV.
x. ISABEL M. BENNETT, b. 1858; d. 1859. xi. MARIAM BENNETT, b. 1861.
Generation No. 2
2. CHARLES L.2 BENNETT (HENRY1 BENNETTE) was born 1841, and died 1919 in Holcomb,WV,Nicholas Co.. He married CATHERINE SPENCER, daughter of ABRAHAM SPENCER and GREGELY DONNELSON. She was born 1841 in Peter's Creek, and died 1916 in Holcomb,WV,Nicholas Co..
Notes for CHARLES L. BENNETT: Charles Lewis Bennett was a confederate soldier durning the Civil War.
Children of CHARLES BENNETT and CATHERINE SPENCER are:
i. NAOMA C.3 BENNETTE.
ii. LELITTA BENNETTE, b. 1865.
iii. HATTA M BENNETTE, b. 1866.
5. iv. WILMOTH HATTA BENNETTE, b. 1867, Holcomb,WVa, Nicholas Co.; d. 1923, Fenwick Mountain, WVa. Nicholas Co..
3. JACOB H.2 BENNETT (HENRY1 BENNETTE) was born 1845, and died 1925 in Nicholas Co. WV. He married FRANSIS NICHOLAS 1867. She was born 1844, and died 1940 in Nicholas Co. WV.
Children of JACOB BENNETT and FRANSIS NICHOLAS are:
i. NOAMI J3 BENNETT, b. 1861; m. WILLIAM DORSEY, 1883.
ii. EDGAR CLARK BENNETT, b. 1869; d. 1959, Nicholas Co. WV; m. LUCINDA MCCROTHERS, 1895; b. 1877; d. 1960.
iii. ORA ODEM BENNETT, b. 1872.
4. JOHN W.2 BENNETT (HENRY1 BENNETTE) was born 1852 in Nicholas Co. WV, and died 1926 in Nicholas Co. WV. He married MARGARET SPENCER 1873 in Nicholas Co. WV. She was born 1854 in Nicholas Co. WV, and died 1922 in Nicholas Co. WV.
Children of JOHN BENNETT and MARGARET SPENCER are:
i. PAULA AGNUS3 BENNETT, b. 1874.
ii. EDWARD BENNETT, b. 1874.
iii. LEONA W. BENNETT, b. 1881.
Generation No. 3
5. WILMOTH HATTA3 BENNETTE (CHARLES L.2 BENNETT, HENRY1 BENNETTE) was born 1867 in Holcomb,WVa, Nicholas Co., and died 1923 in Fenwick Mountain, WVa. Nicholas Co.. She married JOHN JONES SPENCER November 12, 1891 in Nicholas Co. WVa., son of WASHINGTON SPENCER and MARIETTA WILLIAMS. He was born January 18, 1870 in Richwood, Nicholas Co. WV, and died 1944 in Fenwick Mountain, WVa. Nicholas Co..
Notes for JOHN JONES SPENCER: WILL of John Jones Spencer
Item 1st: personal representaive to pay just debts. Item 2nd: Devise to daughter Jessie (Spencer) Young and son-in-law Sydney Young all real, personal, or mixed property in equal shares. Item 3rd: Sydney Young named executor.
Testes: Zita Smith J. M. Wolverton Brooks B. Callahan probabted 07-15-1944
Children of WILMOTH BENNETTE and JOHN SPENCER are:
i. DOVIE4 SPENCER.
Notes for DOVIE SPENCER: Dovie died from a stomach tumor when she was about 6-7 years old. She was a Twin of Rhoda who died shortly afterbirth. Email from Great Aunt Sylvia Bolling Little Dovey died from liver trouble. Mom used to tell us about Dovey. She followed G Dad everywhere. She rode the hyfer when he disked up the ground for a garden, all the bumping and jarring is what caused her liver to go bad.
ii. JAMES H. SPENCER.
iii. RHODA SPENCER.
Notes for RHODA SPENCER: Rhoda was twin to Davie. Rhoda died shortly after birth.
iv. WINONA SPENCER, b. 1887.
v. JESSIE SPENCER, b. 1895.
6. vi. LOLA LAVERNIASPENCER, b. 1893, Kentucky Dist.WV,Nicholas Co.; d. 1955, Nicholas Co. WV